Who is the American Grandpa?
I am Vincent Bath — the self proclaimed American Grandpa. Someone once told me that being a grandpa involved two things — being a little grumpy and knowing a lot of stuff. While that might be partially true, there a lot more to it. For example:
Being a grandpa means…
- you’ve “been there and done that” and now know a lot of stuff. (Some of it’s even useful.)
- you want to share the stuff you know and hope somebody is smart enough to want to hear it.
- you, finally, understand the things you couldn’t possibly have understood as a son or father.
- you have powerful love and appreciation, even for the unlovable and unappreciated, that you really can’t describe.
- time is your enigma — your greatest friend and worst enemy.
If you have (or are) such a grandpa, I have happy for you. That’s the way it should be. If you don’t, I hope AmericanGrandpa.org can helpfully fill that void.